Albanian Tourist Operators Union is a non-governmental and non-profit organization which nowadays comprises over 80 tourist agencies licensed by Ministry of Transport. It has been acknowledged by District Court in Tirana with its resolution Nr 1280, date 23.02.2005.
The aim and objectives of this organization are to protect the interests of Albanian tourist operators according to rules and laws of the Albanian state, coordinate promotional activities, coordinate inicitives of tourist management, to contact international partners, to make and apply projects for tourism development, to fight against tourist piracy, to represent the image of our beautiful country outside of it.
Tourist Operators Union is an active structure and organized with all its leading branches all over Albania. Its an organization at the level of the Chamber of Albanian Tourism and it will be a serious and accurate partner with all public institutions and partner organizations and donors in applying and implementing of different projects for development of Albanian tourism.
Aim and field of activities of the association:
1. To protect interests of Albanian tourist operators (tourist travel agencies licensed by MCYS of Tourism) according to rules and laws of Albanian state in the filed of tourism.
2. To fight against tourist piracy that is pursued by unlicensed agencies and travel realtor by coordinating its activities with MCYS of Tourism, Police Directorate, Management of Taxes and other state structures.
3. To create a mutual information system between members of the union and to report to the respective state agencies or tourist mobility in and out of the country.
4. To coordinate and help promotional activitieso tourist operators comprised in the union.
5. To suggest and influence on conservation pricing policies and tourist offers in tourist market for operations in and out of the country.
6. To precede tourism development with studies, generalizations, conferences, trainings builing its own institutions for realizing this purpose. Center for studying and Albanian tourism development will be an institution of this union.
7. To cordinate iniciatives for tourist management in the range of groupings within the union, union scale or wider, taking iniciatives in favour of tourism development with state institutions, environmental, artistic, cultural associations, local agencies, etc.
8. To make projects for Albanian tourism development, cooperating with other Albanian and foreign organizations to attract donations rom foreign or Albanian donors.
9. To create partnership and collaboration with other tourist operators of the region of Balkans, Europe or the world to exchange experience.
10. To join international organizations of tourist operators of the region of Balkans, Europe or the world to promote and expose Albanian tourism achievements, especially those of the Albanian Tourist Union.
11. To participate actively in International Tourism Fairs using mutual exposing stands and opening every year the Albanian Tourism Development Fair.
12. To establish and develop the means of promotion and writen propaganda such as newsletters, newspapers, magazines of Albanian Tourism and publish them regularly. Newspapers and Albanian Tourism magazine will be daily and periodic organ of the Albanian Tourist Union.
13. To take legal iniciatives for decision-making state institutions to disipline and regulate with legal and sub-legal acts entrances and exits of tourists in Albania, to help the construction of fair rules of the game in market economy in the tourism field.
14. To insist in the embassies accredited in our country for the liberalization of visa issuance for tourist groups organized by tourist agencies licensed by MTCYS.
Menagement bodies of UOTSH:
1.Chairmanship of UOTSH is composed by 7 heads, Chairman of UOTSH, Secretary General (arising from General Conference of Members), Chairman of Board, The deputy chairman of the Board, The deputy chairman of the Association for Tourism, The deputy chairman of the Association for tourist transport (arising from Board Meeting), chairman of the audit of the association (arising from Audit Committee Meeting).
2.Board composed by 17 members of UOTSH, is elected by the general conference of members once every three years.