How to come to Albania
Information for foreign visitors wishing to visit Albania
It can be entered through 26 border crossing points in the territory of the Republic of Albania:
• By Air (1)
• By Sea (4)
• By Land (13)
All international arrivals enter through Mother Theresa International Airport,
The only airport in Albania with international service is "Mother Theresa" International Airport, located in Rinas,
just 17 km northwest of Tirana. The most convenient way to get from the airport to Tirana is by taxi. The journey from Tirana to the airport takes twenty to thirty minutes, depending on traffic, and costs about 2,500 lekë (or 20 EUR) each way. The "Rinas Express" departs every hour between 7am and 7pm, a 24-hour as bus service between the airport and the National Museum in the center of Tirana. The bus depart hourly and the single fare is
200 Albanian Lekë (mobile phone: 00 355 69 20 98908).
"Mother Teresa" Airport
The airport has a duty free shop.
Customs operates 24 hours a day.
Phone: 00355 4/2381800/1600
Fax: 00355 4/2379065
Lost & Found:
Phone: 00355 4/2381681/82
Mobile phone: 00355 69 20 66626
Albania can be accessed by sea through its main ports. Several foreign companies have regular services to the:
Port of Durrës
Connects to the Italian ports of Bari, Ancona and Trieste in Italy and Koper in Slovenia.
Customs operate 24 hours a day.
Port of Saranda
Daily trips are made to the Greek island of Corfu.
Customs operate until 22.00 pm.
Port of Vlora
Connects to Brindisi and Otranto in Italy.
Fax: 00 355/033229417
Customs operate until 22.00pm.
Port of Shëngjin
Connects to the Italian port of Bari.
Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Kosovo, the primary route crosses the border near Qafë Morinë (Albania) and connects Prishtina and Kukës. The other entry points are Morinë (Tropoja with Gjakova) and Qafë Prush (Hasi with Gjakova)
- From Greece through Kapshtica to Korca. Customs operates 24 hours.
- From Greece through Kakavija leading to Gjirokastra. Customs operates 24 hours.
- From Greece through Qafë Boti (Konispol) leading to Filat. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Greece through Tre Urat connecting Përmet with Konica. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Montenegro through Hani i Hotit, leading to Shkodra and Shkodra Lake. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Montenegro through Murriqan-Sukobina, connecting Shkodra with Ulqin (Montenegro). Customs operates until 22.00.
- A crossing has recently opened at Vermoshi, which links the region of Kelmendi in Albania with Plava and Gucia
(Gusinje) in Montenegro. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Macedonia through Qafë Thana leading to Pogradec, Librazhd, and Elbasan. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Macedonia through Tushemisht at the southeastern end of Lake Ohrid, leading to Pogradec. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Macedonia through Bllata, leading to Peshkopi, Bulqiza, and Burrel. Customs operates until 22.00.
- From Macedonia through Gorica, leading to the northern shores of Lake Prespa. Customs operates until 19.00.
There are regular bus services between the following cities:
Tirana - Tetova (Macedonia),through Qafë Thana.
Tirana - Prishtina and other towns in Kosovo through Morina.
Korça - Thessalonica (Greece) through Kapshtica.
Tirana - Athens through Kakavija.
Tirana - Sofia (Bulgaria) and Istanbul (Turkey) from Qafë Thana.
For a more detailed information you may contact the Directorate of Border Police and Migration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel / fax: 00355 4 22 79256 or you can click, http://www.moi.gov.al/ official site of the Ministry of the Interior Affairs.